Tuesday 25 November 2008

As Easy as Pie

Heat up the frying pan with a tad bit of oil. Add chopped onions and fry until translucent.
Then dump in all the things that you'd like to find inside the pie...... the meat(s) of your preference, mushrooms, capsicums, sun dried tomatos (mmm...)..........whatever takes your fancy!
A wee bit of white wine or vinegar helps to infuse the flavours together.

Don't forget the salt and pepper!
Grease and line up the pie dish with pastry dough.
Chuck the filling into the pie base, add tons of grated cheese, and if you, like me find that the filling is not enough to fill-in the whole dish, just think of something to make it full, maybe pieces of bread or some leftovers or something.
Use another pastry sheet to cover up the pie. Leave an incission on it to let the steam escape.
And pop it in the oven (pre-heated of course).
Your nose will alert you when it's done


Enjoy!




10 comments:

Dee said...

hellooo there!
:) interesting blog...will def venture here when I have a little time :) TC

Purnima said...

Hi Sasani, what a lovely pie...it looks so irresistable...:)

GG said...

Hi Deecee,
Thanks for stopping by!

Hi Purnima,
Thanks. I was quite sceptical while making it, but somehow it tasted pretty good!

Amila Salgado said...

Nice!
You are full of talent Sasani.That looks very much like the American Pie in the movies!

GG said...

Hi Amila,
Thanks. I wish I had more time on my hands to experiment with food!

pissu perera said...

oh, no fair. there must be some sort of warning for these posts. i came here with an empty stomach and this was like a punch in the face.. waaaah!!

ps - ignore the whining. the pie looks yum :) which is why i was whining in the first place.

Lady divine said...

OMG - another cook on the blogsphere!
that is mouth watering I tell ya!
awesomeness!

GG said...

Hi PP,I'll remember to put up a warning sign for the next cooking post.

Hi Lady D, thanks. I'm not exactly an official cook, more of an experimentalist.

Amila Salgado said...

Hello,
Anybody home?
What have you been upto.
Be a responsible blogger and update your blog.

GG said...

:D
Sorry, I'm currently 'on vacation' which also means that I don't have easy access to internet, plus this connection is rather temperamental, it only lets me in when it feels like it!!