Thursday 28 February 2008

The feeling that someone's watching you.....

My cubicle is located in a rather inconvenient place, kind of in the middle of a big room where the exits of the room are located such that people walk right behind me. Since the day I sat here I've noticed that some people and when I say some I mean only 2 or 3, tend to shot a glance towards my computer screen when walking past this point. But not everyone did that (so I thought) and since I myself often found casting a glance or two at other's screens when I'm walking past theirs, I didn't really take much notice of these 'peeks', until I changed my wallpaper.

It was a close-up of a cute little puppy looking playful, that filled my computer screen this time.

First it was my supervisor,
"I like your puppy"
"huh?.., puppy?"
"yeah the one on your desktop"
"Oh!"
hmm.........so he's keeping an eye on what I'm doing.....Caution!!!!!

Next the admin lady
"Oooh! nice one!"
"ehh..thanks"

Then later in the day comes this professor who hardly notices anything!
"Oh that's cute! Is that your puppy?"
"(me smiling) no it's not, but I wish!"
"hahaha...."
Oh god!

And of course the other students
"Awwww"

"Hey! a doggy!"

"Cuuute!"

Gheez!!!! This is pretty creepy!

Word of advice: Always keep a spreadsheet (filled with thousands of data values) or some complicated graph (for me a spectrum: which nobody can understand) always ready to be 'maximised' when needed.


5 comments:

Ineshka said...

Heheeee :)) that does tend to happen... Everytime I am surfing the internet my boss tends to show up behind me! :) Can we see this cute puppy pic?? :)

GG said...

Ok, I added the pic to the same post.
He's got a kind of melancholy look on his face I should say.

Ineshka said...

Yeah, very very cute!! :)) I have seen this pic.. :)

pissu perera said...

he he.. that was my tactic at work too. always keep something that looks like work around to maximize when someone important is in the area :D

.::Ämï£Ä::.™ said...

it's a common trick pissu perera... i've used it most of the time... haha