Thursday 24 May 2007

Papadam in 45 Seconds!

I don't know if this is common knowledge, but it was certainly news to me when I first heard it on a cookery programme on tv a couple of weeks ago. So I thought of sharing this with anyone who enjoys (or rather don't enjoy the hassle of) cooking! Just to make life easier.

All you need is some papadam and a microwave oven. Keep the papadams towards the outer edges of the rotating dish in the microwave (I'm assuming the dish is clean enough!) and turn power on 'High' for 40-45 seconds. Times might slightly vary depending on the thickness of the papadam. Once you hear the 'beep' open the microwave and 'ta-da!!' You've got ready to eat papadam! and without the unhealthy oil.

4 comments:

Mahasen said...

That's really gonna be a useful tip :)

Anonymous said...

hmm, this is true, i,ve tried it before

Navya

Ineshka said...

Hey, this is pretty useful! :) I should try it! :)

Anonymous said...

I've tried it... but it's a bit different from the fried ones & definitely healthier. got to try your tip of keeping it to the outer edge & see

Hasini