Tuesday 13 February 2007

The Da Vinci Code

I have read "The Da Vinci Code" several months back, and I have to say it's one of the most capturing books I've come across. I finished the book over the weekend, and I didn't do anything else those two days, sometimes I lost track of time and went on reading till late at night. It was that intriguing, and with all those mind boggling puzzles and riddles and codes, u find yourself trying to work them out right through to the end. And Dan Brown had taken good care to keep the reader on the edge of the seat at all times. Regardless of the 'fact Vs fiction' debate, the story is very well written such that it fits into the story of history like a missing piece of a puzzle which falls exactly into place!

However, I only got to watch the film last Sunday, it's more or less the same story, with minor adjustments here and there. The thing is that the book which takes at least two days to finish, was squeezed into a film which was about 2 and half hours. And it was simply a roller coaster ride.

I didn't find much difficulty in following the story since I already knew what's happening, but I'm sure for a person who hasn't read the book, it is too much. Too much information in too short time.

I got a book yesterday from the library on "The truth and fiction behind the Da Vinci code" didn't start reading it yet.



No comments: