Monday 12 May 2008

Shades of Autumn in Marysville, Victoria

The Victorian ACS conference was held last weekend in Marysville (that's about 2 hours drive from Melbourne city). So Yasas was to attend the conference and I was to tag along with him.

Expecting a remote country area I took along two books with me to keep me company. I was expecting to be stuck up inside a hotel room reading about Nanophotonics. Fortunately that was not to be. Nature was so unforgivingly beeeeauuuutiful that I spent both days outdoors.



The mountains.... the trees.... the mist.....



Yellow is now in fashion



A combination of colours



Look at the shades of colour!!!


An unusual mushroom



A serence duck pond


Cockatoos, looking for lunch under the bed of fallen leaves.


Parrots in colour

On the second day we formed a kind of wives' club, Several spouses of the conference attendees got together and did some walking.

We all enjoyed "The Sculpture Garden" which truly deserves a separate post. And then the 4km walk through the woods to see the Steavenson falls.



Waterfall in the middle of the woods

1 comment:

Ineshka said...

Oh wow!! absolutely gorgeous!! :) I loved the road and the trees and the mist the most! :)) IT IS SOOOO DAMN BEAUTIFUL! :)) and the tree with many colors?? WOW!! glad you got to spend a nice weekend! :)