Thursday 4 January 2007

Diagnosis Unknown

I've been having this annoying toothache for sometime now. It started off as a toothache, and made me stay at home for a week (about 3 months earlier) with an excruciating pain. I hate toothaches, they are unbearable, not like headaches and stomach aches, even Shakespear had a poem about it in "Much ado about nothing"
For there was never yet philosopher
That could endure the toothache patiently.

So anyway, I was worried that I would have to visit a dentist. But after 2 days at home, I realized who the real culprit was, Phlegm! With this dry weather, it has dried up and is causing me the toothache. So I turned to my home made remedies; steaming, drinking hot water, ginger tea, lemon with pepper etc. And the toothache went away, leaving the phlegm. Next week I was back at work.

But unfortunately that wasn't the last of it. It just kept coming back, and for about the last couple of weeks, it appeared and disappeared as it pleased, much to my annoyance. Finally I realized that home remedies are not going to chase it off completely, and after much persuasion from Vishuddhi, today I called up the University medical centre and made an appointment. Luckily there was time available today itself.

So went there. After much examination and discussion, the Doc told me what I had already assumed; Very mild form (or early stage) of Sinusitis. Prescribed me an antibiotic (I'm not really keen on taking pills, still no choice) and a nasal spray to keep the nose hydrated from this dry weather. Cool! and goes without saying, lots of water to drink.

No comments: